Saturday, March 24, 2012
Caramel Dessert Muffins
These sound so delicious! Might need to go for a long walk after though…
CARAMEL DESSERT MUFFINS
100g caramel-filled chocolate block
2 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
80g butter, melted
100g butter, chopped
2/3 cup brown sugar
300ml sour cream
1. Place chocolate in freezer for 1 hour or until frozen. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a non-stick, 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
2. Combine milk, egg and butter in a jug and pour into well. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined. Chop frozen chocolate and fold into batter. Three-quarters fill muffins holes with batter.
3. Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 1 minute. Carefully transfer to plates.
4. Make caramel sauce: Meanwhile, place butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Return pan to heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sauce is heated through (do not boil).
5. Serve warm muffins with warm sauce.