Thursday, March 8, 2012
Tropical Coconut Tarts
Tropical Coconut Tart
The weather is perfect for whipping up a yummy (and very easy), summery dessert like this!
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 1 x 250g packet Arnott's coconut delight biscuits
• 140g unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 x 1L carton Weis frozen guava with passionfruit, mango and cream
• 100ml passionfruit pulp
1. Place biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add butter and process until combined.
2. Divide the mixture among six 10cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins with removable bases. Press the biscuit mixture evenly over the bases and sides of the pans. Place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
3. Remove the tarts from the pans and divide among serving plates. Spoon the ice-cream among the tart cases and drizzle over the passionfruit pulp. Serve immediately.
If you're a chocoholic, replace the fruit sorbet with chocolate flavoured ice-cream. Drizzle over melted white chocolate instead of the passionfruit pulp.